Saturday, September 26, 2009

; those were the days that changed my life.

One thing I do not like about this year is probably the fact that it is nothing like last year's. Though I have to say this year is also awesome itself, last year was in fact amazing and the time where I started having a proper group of friends. It was when I started to feel more comfortable with myself and the people around me, it was when I really felt safe and comfortable being away from home.

I have to say, the friends I made last year made a change in my life. There were a lot of things we did and talked about. Truth to be told, they're the best kind of friends I first knew existed. No offence to my friends back home, but the ones from here are totally different from the friends back home. There were a lot more that I experienced when I made friends here.

I was thinking about last year - and decided to look at the pictures from last year and to blog about it. Maybe, i was hoping, to revive those moments.

i remember;

; syu cooking lunch for us while we baked cakes for the graduates.


; shopping with Manda, Syu, and Shima before we baked cakes.


; practicing our dance moves with Mun Yee leading us ;)


; the group picture taken on Adilet's bday that was so hard to capture.


; making the school name with our bodies.


; chu ching's spongebob pencil case.

; syu, nadira and I got splashed by water :D


; crazy camwhoring sessions in bm class.


; hanging out with chu ching and the rest.


; Na Eun and I dead tired and sweating after a trek.


; hanging out with Sean. :)


; wearing those sports attires every morning for P.E.


; the fun we had on Halloween.


; being on the rooftop with Amanda.


; Mun Yee and Sean's papermade camera!


; the night on the monkey bar.


; graduation in water. ;)


; trying out dresses with Ms Manda at Forever 21


; this group picture after school's very first SIS Idol.


; after the basketball match.


; sean liking this picture a lot.


; this awesome group picture :)


; goofing around and posing.


; the cake we made for Sean, Munyee and Chu Ching..


; business class, sitting next to Amanda.


; that very night where the joy ended.


It's safe to say there are a lot that I remember about. Watching videos and looking at pictures, just wondering where have those moments went. I've drifted apart from most people in these pictures. We're still friends, but we do not hang out with each other, talk to each other like how we all used to before. 3 of them have graduated, and though we try our best to chat and find time to hang out, clearly things are not the same. The rest I walk past them in the school hallway, and all we say is "Hi" and "Bye". Or maybe just giving each other a small wave.

And though I hate that this is happening, there is no one to blame for it. Time and studies are the main stuff that drift us apart. Some of us do not have classes together and our timetables just do not go along. It's sad, actually, that a lot of us are drifting apart. I do not really know what is happening anymore in their lives. And sometimes it is not that I do not make the effort to bring the friendship closer, but sometimes I admit I do not want to, and sometimes it is just that I can't. It has to work both sides.

But i guess things sometimes change for better things. maybe.

This year, i've made loads of new friends who eventually have become my close and best friends too. It would be wrong to say that these new friends replace the old friends, but they have definitely fill in their spaces when there is nothing there.

but these pictures - those moments;
were the days that changed my life.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

aww don't you just miss me ;)hahahaa

ANITA said...

haha yea ;) i miss those times spent with everyone :(